Thursday, 20 July 2017

Chasing Rainbows - Blog Hop

Welcome to "CHASING RAINBOWS"
the first South African cardmaking Blog Hop 


You are now at the blog of Digistamps4Joy, a unique online South African e-shop.  My name is Margy Kieser and I am the owner and one of the artists of DS4J.

We’re chasing Rainbows this July and the blog hop starts on 10 July 2017 and will close on 20 July 2017 18h00. That’s TEN full days of catching rainbows across our blogs!
Each blog owner has designed and showcased her card along with a quick tutorial on the making of their masterpiece. Some blogs will offer a surprise crafty gift too!

Here is my own card and tutorial on how to merge digital stamps
DS4J digistamps used: the parrot from the "Tropical paradise set", "Aloha set", and "Summer Icecream"

TUTORIAL: How to merge digital stamps
  1. Open a new document in Microsoft WORD
  2. INSERT a PICTURE - look for all the images you would like to merge. You will need the PNG file format of each of these, as a PNG file has a transparent background. Add them all to your document page.
  3. Click on your first image and change the WRAP to "TIGHT". Do the same with all the other images.
  4. Decide which image is at the back. In my case the palm tree is the back image. Resize it to the size you want and place it in the middle of the page.
  5. My second image is the parrot. I resized it to a small version then dragged it to the top of the tree. If you see that the image is not 'in front' of the first image, then right click on it and "bring to front". 
  6. My little girl image is in front, resized, and positioned where I would like to see her.
  7. The last image is the sentiment - also a PNG file, resized and moved to the right of my little scene.
  8. You can now select all the images and GROUP them. This will make it easier to keep the scale if you need to resize the scene.
HOW TO PLAY WITH US
  • visit all the the blogs
  • click "follow" on each one
  • leave a comment on each blog post
  • go back to the main blog and comment about what you loved about each blog, and you could win a load of craft treats from The Girl with a Tape Runner.
Since this is not a sponsored Blog Hop, ladies will be using products from a range of suppliers, join in the fun and learn new techniques while making new friends!
Blog Hop Navigation
If you landed on my page first, then just carry on down the list to the last blog (=Marie Smith), back to the main blog and down, until you reach mine again. OR..... just start at the top and work your way down. The hop order is indicated on each blog, so you will not ‘get lost’!


The Girl with a Tape Runner https://thegirlwithataperunner.wordpress.com/ (Main Blog)



Margaret Kieser http://digistamps4joy-sa.blogspot.com/ YOU ARE HERE

Ansu Badenhorst http://theivytreestudio.blogspot.co.za Next blog



THIS blog'c candy is THREE digistamps from our store to one random commenter

RULES FOR ENTERING THE RANDOM DRAW ON THIS BLOG
Please read carefully - we do not want you to miss out!
 1). Be/become a follower
2). Leave a comment under this blog post

Please hop along and catch more rainbows. Your next stop on the blog hop is
Ansu Badenhorst http://theivytreestudio.blogspot.co.za 

With love from a chilly Pretoria!

Margy

42 comments:

  1. A lovely card Margy, and good to see a South African bloghop. Hugs, Ursula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ursula, so glad you popped in! Miss you tons!

      Delete
  2. Love your card sweet friend! That stamp is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharr - I love merging stamps!

      Delete
  3. island envy....I really need to get grip with digital-stamps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wilna, yes shall we escape to this place - as long as the icecream is there I'm game LOL. Digis are sooo easy!

      Delete
  4. Such fun hopping along and enjoying a South African flavour. Awesome tips by the design team, thank you for sharing.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Desire, thanks for playing along!!

      Delete
  5. Absolutely love the images you have merged Margy. PNG files are just so wonderful creating merged images and I use them to a great extent.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been a follower for a long time. Not sure how long. Of course I love your blog but I love your digis even more. Thanks for the tutorial on how to merge images in Word. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Edwina - yes know you well LOL. Thanks for compliments and for popping in - again!

      Delete
  7. What a fun catch! Thanks for the share hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shamela, so glad you popped in to say HI.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful card.....so very "summery"....a bit of color in my day as it is so grey here today!! Love the tutorial and will definitely give it a try!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol, nice and bright summery colours hey! Give it a try it really is so easy! Let me know if you get stuck and I'll help.

      Delete
  9. As you know I love girly cards, so this one is really special. She's a real cutie Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the scene you created Margy! and I love that your images come also in PNG as I love to merge and create scenes as well!
    xoxo oLga

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Olga, nice to see you playing along in the hop.

      Delete
  11. I love the digi stamps but you lost me on how to create a scene :D I have used some of your designs on my layouts but very one dimensional but so much fun. This is a beautiful card. Love the colouring in too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Valerie - feel free to email me at info@digistamps4joy.co.za and I'll help a little more. You HAVE to master this merging as it is sooo rewarding!

      Delete
  12. Well you solved a digi mystery for me Margy in that I didn't know to use PNG format images for merging. That will add some options for me now.
    Thank you!
    (Hugs) Cara
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh that's fabulous news, so glad you have found the trick! Can't wait now to see your new creations!

      Delete
  13. A blog hop! A blog hop! Yay! Need to get to my desktop computer so I can see better! Love this adorable card design with that cutie digi! Looking forward to hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute card. I really need to learn to use my digi stamps better.

    Loved doing this blog hop with you.

    Hugs,
    Marika Schuman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marika - shout if you need help

      Delete
  15. What a gorgeous card Margy and thank you for the reminder tutorial on merging

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you. Lovely card. I have learned something new which I will have to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryll, thanks for hopping with us, and soooo glad you have now learnt how to merge digistamps!

      Delete
  17. Oh Margy, your card is so pretty - I love the summery feel! Thanks for sharing the tutorial too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping in Jen. Of course, a delightful drawing from you as well!

      Delete
  18. Such a fun and happy card. Thanx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mari, thank you for playing along in the hop.

      Delete
  19. Thank you for sharing :) I need to try a digital card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES you will love the versatility and 'no mess'!

      Delete