Wednesday, 15 April 2015

Mid-challenge #111 - Use our sketch

Mid-challenge #111

      This challenge is hosted by Tonnie

 The theme for this challenge is
"USE OUR SKETCH" 
There have only been 2 entries so far in this challenge. Is it because you make a card first and then try to slot it into a challenge? Could be. But here's an extreme thought - as this is such a gorgeous sketch from Tonnie - how about making a card using this sketch, enter in our challenge, THEN slot your card into outside challenges! Killing two giants (I don't kill birds) with one stone. Margy.
" I am Tonnie, the hostess for our April challenge, and it is with great pleasure that I present this month's theme. We would like you to use our sketch below to make your creation. There are many wonderful digi images in the shop that can be used for this theme. Use your imagination and remember, you have a whole month to work on your creation. I look forward to seeing what you create!"

This is the SKETCH you must use - an absolutely beautiful sketch and so easy to use.

If you use a DS4J image you will be eligible for the DT Choice prize of a $10 Gift Voucher to the store

The challenge runs until 30 April

Remember to link your projects up in Mr Linky. We would love you to use a DS4J image, but any stamped or digi image will be OK ..... you will get an extra chance if you do use a Digistamps4Joy image.

Don't forget you MUST use a digital stamp or a rubber stamp!

We have a GUEST DESIGNER working with us for this mid-challenge.
I am thrilled to introduce you to LUCY who used the Heart of Roses image.


My name is Lucy. I am married, have 3 adult daughters, a son-in-law and one grandson who is 7 years old. We live in a suburb of Chicago. I work as a Medical Technologist at a large laboratory, in microbiology and get to “play with” bacteria and fungi at my job!  I got hooked on scrapbooking in 1995 when I was shown a Creative Memories brochure. I caught the card making bug while socializing with a bunch of other craft-o-holics on a crafting website. I love making cards, not only for the fun of creating, but also of knowing that it may bring the recipient some joy. I am friends with Julie Odil, who is a DS4J DT member, so I was somewhat familiar with DS4J images. I recently won a prize of a Gift Certificate to DS4J as well as a guest designer spot during Julie’s 3rd Blogoversary blog hop. Now, I have the chance to try out the awesome images from Margy’s store!

I was planning to use the Heart of Roses image to make a mother’s day card for my mother-in-law, but I realized that I need a birthday card for my sister-in-law this week. She is currently undergoing treatment for ovarian cancer, so I wanted to make her a pretty, colorful card to cheer her up. I printed the image on some Neenah Solar White 80# card stock and used my heat gun to be sure my printer ink was fixed and stable to use with my markers. I am still mostly a beginner with alcohol markers (I used some Copics and some MPEXY-rhymes with Pepsi alcohol markers). I used a Simon Says Stamp Stitched Circle die cut to cut out my image. I modified my take on the sketch just a bit. For the rest of the details about supplies I used for my card, come to my blog Littlescrapsoflucy http://littlescrapsoflucy.blogspot.com/2015/04/fusion-simon-and-guest-design-spot-at.html.

Thanks to Margy for giving me this spot on the blog!


And now, for some more inspiration from the talented DS4J Design Team "B" 
{CLICK on the name of the digi to take you to the store}

ASMAH (Journal page) (image = "Dragonfly")

CHARLENE (images ="The "O" Look")

DEBBIE (image ="Fantasy tulips")

JACKIE (image = "Bedazzled Bride")

TONNIE (image = "Fantasy tulips")

URSULA (image = "Baby rattle")

Enter your paper projects (maximum 3 entries per person, each from a separate blog post) in Mr Linky HERE, and let us all share in your wonderful creations! The randomly drawn winner will win THREE images of your choice from the store, and 2 runners up 1 image each.  Of course, if you use a Digistamps4Joy image, you could win the big prize of $10 of images.

Please remember to link your POST and not your blog.
Also, you must create a link on your blog back to this challenge post!
(The challenge rules are HERE)

Are you looking for LINKY for our CURRENT CHALLENGE? Click .....
HERE.
A special request
As this is a child-friendly blog, we will appreciate it if you do not post goth or demonic entries.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome Lucy as our guest designer. This is such a gorgeous card for your SIL. Hugs, Ursula.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Lucy gorgeous card you have made.

    DT your cards are also gorgeous.
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I am new to your site and found you through a submission from someone in one of Lunagirls' contests. I would love to take part in this contest. I am new to doing contests and my first entry was to Lunagirl. I would love to take part in your contest and I was thinking based on reading above that one may not be entering your contest or the reason there may be a lack of entries is I couple of reasons. One, when I download the template we are supposed to follow it is super tiny and not a realistic template size for using for creating a card. Now if its supposed to be just used as a guideline thats one thing but I was trying to use it as an actual template and its was not only too small but very blurry when trying to resize. Next I am trying to find the images that we are supposed to use and have no idea where to get them from because the link is not actually linked to the items/images. Because of the difficulty I am having so far, I can understand why if someone who is not computer savvy may be having trouble and possibly just giving up on the project. I Cant' wait to try this project so I will keep digging to find what I needs thanks! ~lady T GrafXQuest.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and thanks for your comments - much appreciated! The sketch was meant as a guideline and not as a template and hence the smallish size. There is no compulsory requirement to use a DS4J image, but "if" you do you put yourself in line for the big prize. You may use any image you want as long as it is a digistamp or a rubber stamped image that needs to be coloured in.

      Delete